Sunday, April 22, 2007

Christ Forgives

Everything that used to be in this post - deleted. If Christ can forgive so willingly, then I as a Christian should also strive to be Christ-like, yet not perfect, but made perfect in his graciousness. Therefore as our sins have been blotted out so completely by the Blood of Jesus Christ, then also this issue blotted out completely - yet remembering the lessons learnt. Over the past few days I have read, seen and heard rather miraculous things, and I know divine intervention was in play, is, and will be to come.

It's such a privilege to be able to receive God's love with grace, and indeed it is very true that the human heart is made such that it needs God and his gracious love. Devoid of it, life has always something -empty-, knowing that death creeps closer every second and not knowing the fate that lies thereafter. Everytime I turn away from Jesus and slide away I begin to suffer like those without Christ. Life begins to feel so meaningless and I question the meaning of it - when I look at the suffering of myself and others, of war and chaos- the homeless, the oppressed, the fatherless and the widowed. Yet thankfully I do know Christ, and by his love will always somehow draw me back to Him. And I am more grateful for that someone who always reminds me and draws me back to Him. But I feel for those who refused God's love, and with it, the meaning of life and the promise of salvation for the life after. God is real. I'm thankful that while many Christians have seen miracles that some people may attribute it to 'coincidence', I have seen and heard many that are tangible and irrefutable, (some of which I can't share yet.). I have also felt God's presence being very real and tangible in the form of the anointing of the Holy Spirit. It was during a song worship...and I was really cold, close to the point of shivering, but not. And suddenly I felt this wave-like force wrapping my whole body and it felt like electricity rising through my body towards the head - and it was very warm - and no, I wasn't shivering..I wasn't cold anymore. I was quite afraid, yet excited, but was somehow fixed in place somewhat.

Anyhow, that incident tells that while faith in God is of paramount importance, when I started to want to feel God tangibly and felt that, it was a reminder to me that, through physical experience, God is real. The other extreme though, I have seen dozens of people (like south with of indoor standium?) - the city harvest choir being slained all at once, they all fell back at the same time. And so did the other sections. And I saw pastor Kong(sp?)- CHC's pastor being pushed backwards, off the ground, together with 2 people supporting him. I reasoned and knew that the angle and force, the height of how he was 'flying' backwards, with even 2 people supporting him, is physically impossible. Unless perhaps you challenge my knowledge in Physics (Though I believe even an observant secondary school student could tell..), or that the whole thing was staged (which is even more far-fetched, but I will not say why), then there was an unseen force..something very spiritual. However, I was overwhelmed then, but now, decided that I should not attribute everything spiritual in nature to be of God. The devil knows the spirituality of human and makes use of human superstitious behavior to deceive them away from knowing the true God. Thus it is indeed very dangerous to take everything at face value (speaking to Christians), that we should have our foundations fixed on the Word of God- The Bible, that we should put on the full armour of God, and judge the person's teachings (but not the person) and discern if his teachings are of God or not.

In closing this episode...

2Tim.3
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

that I would rather face the problem and correct the wrong things, wrong attitude from any side then run away from it. And Jeremy you did that somewhat. That's good. Daniel, you have much to learn my young padawan.

No comments: