Friday, April 13, 2007

Lost Friday the 13th!

Yup. Feeling lost today and in need for directions. UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT? OR UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT LEFT START+SELECT? Shera is asking moi go Ikea with Mei Lin and Dom...should I go? Then I'll have to lug around my skating equipment ew. Heavy stuff. Lug around cause I have to stay over at my sister's place tonight. Tomorrow is my first day of the 2nd(3rd actually) module of my keyboard lessons. http://www.believermusic.com/EN/program_details.aspx?CourseCategoryID=2
Yups. It's called Worship Dynamics II. Stuff I have learned in part 1:

Theme & Worship Devotion: Discover THE HEART OF GOD (Part I): Connect and align your heart with God’s desires

Rhythm Variation: Perfect your rhythmic feel as you build upon the rhythms learnt in Beginner module and apply them appropriately to express intimacy and intensity

Harmony: Widen your musical vocabulary with enhanced chords (major 7ths, minor 7ths, sus2 & sus4) that add devotional depth to your worship

Chord Progression Immersion:
Learn to sense and harness the inherent power of chord progressions

Worship Immersion: Experience authentic worship flow as you combine the power of music with devotional scripture, psalm, prayer and song *Cut n Paste from webby.

Part 2 includes addition rhythm variation, Melodic introduction, melody integration, more fills, and...play in harder keys i guess?

Mind you the first time I attended the first module I was super nervous, cause I thought I wasn't up to par. Then, when they introduced themselves, the other course-mates, so many 8th grade classical students, I was like ... /faint. Guess the way they pace... I'm not that bad after all haha. But I'm feeling pretty nervous about tomorrow...different ballgame. After this next module I'm supposed to be able to lead/play for worship, meaning must be adequately 'zai' ... sigh I get too nervous when playing solo for audience...play alone at home still OK. That means, cell-group setting maybe I can't play but church setting I can? (in a band)...haha. Stupid me.

Anyway peace guys, gtg.



No comments: