Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Falling Sick

Oh great, signs and symptoms - and I think I am falling sick soon.
What, you ask?

Yesterday my throat started itching, starting from the palate, right at the back of the throat (it feels dry and itchy...which sucks).
Today, my throat felt itchier, and now it's quite painful.
It probably looks red and swollen now.
Tomorrow, it will probably be a sore throat - coupled with a hoarse voice.
And there after, intermittent fever that fluctuates throughout the day (signs of bacterial infection. - a doc explained to me it's due to fluctuating bacteria levels. But most URTIs are caused by viral infections like common flu, can someone explain why the fever fluctuates? - Shera? Pradip? Anyone?)
I may start coughing. Or I may lose my voice, or both.
Then the coughing gets severe, triggering a mild bronchitis.
And then I cough a few weeks until I recover.

Say. What is it?
My classic signs of an URTI - upper respiratory tract infection. Most of the times it stops there.
I used to have recurrent tonsillitis too, until I had them removed last November.
But when it gets worse, my lungs(lower tract) get affected as well.

I am one weak kid, sad right?
Will the above happen?
Stay tuned!

Updates:
17/April 07 - 12:10pm

I just woke up. Very Groggy. The Uvula - that bally thing at the back of your throat - is like, twice the size. Sore throat, and rather red. (The bally got so big after my tonsillectomy I couldn't breathe...Yup. Almost covering the whole mouth, choking me when i sleep cause it's extremely lax.) Mucus was green (oh no ...infection) .. but i saw some brown/red substance I couldn't really discern what it was. Blood Probably. But that's unusual, except during the week after my tonsillectomy, that was normal. We shall see!

18/April 07 - 10:30pm

Hmm...feeling sore, but better than expected. I normally lose my voice by now. Which means, all's good! But every morning I just wake up feeling horribly painful in the throat. Ew. Coupled with sinus problems - me having to breathe through my mouth - just makes things worse.
But.. all's good!

No comments: