Sunday, April 01, 2007

Bizarre Twists

It's going to be a long post, bear with me!

30 Mar 07 (Sat)

I attended my saturday keyboard lessons as usual at believermusic. It is a local (I think) company that trains musicians for worship, in a very Christian-ed setting. There's keyboard, guitar, vocal for all levels. I was introduced to this by Hsiu Huan (hugs for that). Anyway, just in case you guys are interested , the website is http://www.believermusic.com/EN/Index.aspx.

Anyway, I'll talk about that another time. Today (yesterday actually) is Clarence Chan's 21st birthday party. When the group of us (Sivam, Daniel, Yi Xiong, Jeremy, Ping Han/Hao, Victor, ME!) took 29 from Tamp there, we sorta got...lost. And to think we've got a SAT COM(Yi Xiong) and a Recce/Scout (Victor) with us...what's that about efficient 3G Army oO. When we got there, the chalet was...huge. 2storey bungalow, Aloha chalet. The thing that caught our eyes were... the number of people (and of course the number of pretty girls haha). It's probably the largest-scaled birthday party I have ever attended. The decor, the reception party, food&drinks, games, uh - and a full band. Projector TV and...XBOX oO? It was really humid...but it was also fun to see old friends and uh, familiar faces. Clarence happened to be my pri/sec/jc friend...so I saw many pri/sec/jc friends too.

Here's the joke of the century. I saw Lynnette Kang (frm tjc, forgot wut cg) and I assumed she was invited as a jc friend. Strangely, she was sitting with Clarence's primary school classmates(6/7). So I asked her, "What are you doing here?" and she replied "Uh, I'm invited here of course?" Actually I was just curious how was she related to Clarence. Then I asked, "How come you hanging out with the 6/7 gang?" To my HORROR, she was from 6/7. I mean, OMG? 2 years in Temasek and neither of us knew that we were from St.Hilda's primary?!
I mean comon, I recognised everyone else's faces when I was in TJ, but hers! (It's a consolation she didnt' recognise me either). BUT! 6/7 was like one of the closer classes my class used to mingle around. Had a couple of good friends there too.
Simply flabbergasted. *Hides under blanket*

01 April 07 (Sun)

Oh yeah, I saw Agnus and a couple of familiar faces too. Anyway, Zhu Jia and I stayed over Daniel's place cause we simply stayed too far to take cab home. (Overnight charges are expensive) Anyhow, Zhu Jia slept like a pig (hence his name?) the moment his head hit the mattress. I was, as usual, playing Diablo 2. I swear that one of them was sleep-talking, or otherwise I was hearing things. I slept late, naturally. Could hardly wake up. When I did, I was giddy *having slept at 4am and being woken up rudely at 9+, who wouldn't?*. A night without brushing teeth, washing face, showering felt like I was in field camp. I really how people can go for days without? So I thought to myself.."too tired..never brush teeth..don't feel like going church". A few minutes later Daniel's mom came in asking if we wanted toothbrushes. AH.
I never enjoyed brushing as much as I did today. Anyway, I still felt tired and lacked motivation to go. Just then, my close friend called up to check if I was awake to go to church. That was it.
God provides. I just had to go.

Praise God.

No comments: