Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Eavesdropping

Tsk. Bad manners but I can't help it. (It's audible!)

Last sunday I was on bus 72 on the way home when I started hearing the couple behind me arguing. Not so actually, the girl said something along the lines of, "I don't want to say this actually, but.." And that was the start of it, more like a one sided complain, or that the guy couldn't mouth anything while the girl barrages him. Gee.

The problem arose, apparently, because the guy was waiting for that girl, and because of that the girl had to leave the cellgroup early. The girl was terribly pissed cause she wanted to fellowship with them and in doing so, minister to them. That is to her, doing God's work. The guy, being rather insensitive continued to SMS her many times, knowing full well that she was in the cell. She asked a rhetorical question of how many hours had she spent with the guy days before, and that he is stopping her of doing God's work.
"So I have a bf, I can't do God's work? Which is more important I thought we have laid it all down?"
"How much time do you want me to spend with you? A few months(I think she meant days) don't see each other will die meh? Is our love that shallow?"

That's the gist of it basically. Admittedly I don't know the full story nor have I heard everything right. I wouldn't judge, but I'll give my opinions. (I had the urge to turn around to talk to them then...LOL)

1. The guy was too insensitive about the girl's needs and desire to do God's work, having already laid down the priorities in their relationship.
2. I agree with the girl, is their love that shallow? Personally in my own relationships I have marriage as a goal. What is a few hours, days, compared to a life time? Maybe, just maybe, if the guy had such a perspective he wouldn't feel so insecure, wanted so much control. Hmm.
3. Nevertheless, the girl ought to appreciate the bf. I mean, at least the guy wants to be with her(at least credit him for that.).
4. I hope they work out ;p

____________________________________

I would like to apologize for making my friend angry.
It might have been a bad joke, you might have been moody.
Nonetheless I was too insensitive and thoughtless.
So with all sincerities, I apologize.

Jonathan

No comments: