Sunday, June 10, 2007

Final Fantasy Alert!

For those who's played or heard about Final Fantasy, or of Zelda, or are just plain interested in a very hilarious RPG parody, check this out! This is the 1st of four parts be sure to check the rest out!




Anyway, went to the Blood Bank at HSA for........blood donation, duh.
Right after doing the blood test (for iron density), a lady approached me and asked if i would like to donate my platelets and if I have the time (Pheresis donation). The whole process takes about 7 cycles which is a total of about 70-75mins on average. I was like, sure, why not? Oh I went with someone, and it's up to you to guess who was it! That someone was under 51, so, I was the only one suitable for pheresis donation. And they need good veins due to the long process - the veins might collapse. And so, I went, and the other person to the regular blood donation.

Oh, have you seen the pheresis room? It's so posh! Every bed has a TV with pretty up to date movies to watch, cool. (free movies if u wish, lol.) Anyway, every cycle consists blood draw and blood return, each cycle about 10mins. It is quite painless really, like regular blood donation, and you can opt in if you are >51kg and have suitable veins and have 1hr+ free time! Bet you didn't know. There is a dire need of platelets due to cancer and the recent high cases of dengue. Above all, you can donate every month as opposed to every 3 months for regular blood donation. Anyway, it is painless, except then when the blood returns, it is the strangest feeling yet. Just imagine feeling something flowing back into your veins. Yup. And after a few cycles I started to shiver every time the blood returns, it's probably due to loss of heat, I just start shivering uncontrollably, throughout my whole body. And the last few cycles were taxing on my veins, nonetheless I am MAN ENOUGH to finish it! AND I WILL BE BACK!

Anyway, that someone felt faint during my 4th or 5th cycle, and had the nurses attend to that someone. Lips having turned totally pale so suddenly it was scary. To think the doctor diagnosed someone with low blood pressure around 90+ and allowed someone to donate. Sigh. Anyway, someone collapsed on the MRT home. My goodness it was so sudden it was really scary. One moment someone looks alright, the next moment the lips turned pale, the eyes closed and someone just slid into unconsciousness for a few seconds. Really scary. Anyway, can someone please take care of someone?

No comments: