Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Word Trap!

Are you word trapped? I think I am. I'm beginning to feel the ill effects of going through army - brain vegetation. Let's make it sound nicer, neural vegetation! Ah, that's more bio - sounding.

The thing is, it came upon me, and impressed me deeply, about the lack of any effort whatsoever to further improve my, our, standard of English. Like the lack of muscles leads to "atrophy", quite evidently the lack of use of "proper" English led to a decline in the standard. Thus, I propose that we do the:

"Vocabulary List"!

In fact, I've just started today! I'm ashamed to not keep up with a lexicon that educated people of our age demands! I am, however, not ashamed to start today! Shall we? I aim to at least cover 5 words a week. www.dictionary.com is a good place to start. Of course, it would be better when our interest is sparked of a word which we read in some article that we know not of, then that word becomes listed! And, to ensure integration into our repertoire of words, we must attempt to phrase it in a sentence ourselves, much like that Chinese exercise we used to do last time.

Cheers for good English! Hurray!

No comments: